“她开的是你的车,是吗?” 他问道。
“That’s your car she was driving, isn’t it?” he asked.
她点了点头。
She nodded.
“你的钥匙在车里吗?” 警察问道。
“Your keys were in it?” the police officer asked.
她又点了点头。“我的车在房子前面的时候我总是把钥匙留在车里。”
She nodded again. “I always leave the keys in the car when it’s in front of the house.”
“她会知道钥匙在车里吗?”
“Would she have known that?”
“我想她会知道。”
“I imagine so.”
冯?弗拉纳根擦完从艾伦?奥格特里手中掉落的枪上的雪。他把枪递给莫娜?麦克莱恩。
Von Flanagan finished dusting snow from the gun that had fallen from Ellen Ogletree’s hand. He held it out to Mona McClane.
“这是你的吗?”
“That yours?”
她仔细地看了看。“不是。我以前从没见过。”
She examined it closely. “No. I never saw it before.”
杰克看了一眼然后转过脸去。他以前见过那把枪。他自己曾把那把枪放在书房的桌子抽屉里,艾伦?奥格特里在疯狂逃跑时从那里把枪抢走了。
Jake looked and turned his face away. He had seen that gun before. He himself had put it in the library table drawer from which Ellen Ogletree had snatched it in her mad attempt to escape.
“你有枪吗?” 冯?弗拉纳根问道。
“Do you have a gun?” Von Flanagan asked.
“有。实际上有两把。一把放在书房的桌子里,一把在我的梳妆台上。它们是一对。”
“Yes. Two, in fact. One is kept in the library table, and one in my dressing table. They’re a pair.”
冯?弗拉纳根描述了马龙给他的那把枪。“和那把像吗?”
Von Flanagan described the gun Malone had given him. “Are they anything like that?”
莫娜?麦克莱恩点了点头。“听起来和我的那把一模一样。”
Mona McClane nodded. “That sounds exactly like mine.”
马龙把警察挥到一边,说:“你有一个大的白金狐皮暖手筒吗?” 他又补充了一些描述性的细节。
Waving the police officer aside, Malone said, “Do you have a large platinum fox muff?” He added a few descriptive details.
“有,我有。我在巴黎让人给我做的。”
“Yes, I have. I had it made for me in Paris.”
“现在它在哪里?”
“Where is it now?”
她淡淡地笑了笑。“在我衣橱里的一个蓝色硬纸盒里,标签上写着‘狐皮暖手筒’。”
She smiled wanly. “In a blue cardboard box in my closet, labeled ‘fox muff.’ ”
“在这一点上你错了。” 马龙告诉她。“它在海伦的车后座上,在一个亮红色的盒子里,标签上写着‘圣诞快乐’。”
“That’s where you’re wrong,” Malone told her. “It’s in the back of Helene’s car, in a bright red box labeled ‘Merry Christmas.’ ”
小主,这个章节后面还有哦,请点击下一页继续阅读,后面更精彩!